Current Branch: Houston
At Resource Data Since 2012
Visit Alex's LinkedIn Profile
- What is the best thing about Resource Data for you?
- The culture, belief and framework that sees the uniqueness of each person; challenge us and help us thrive. I do also love the work-life balance that Resource Data provides. It has been a lifesaver for me.
- How has Resource Data benefited your career?
- I joined Resource Data as a GIS Programmer/Analyst. The varied responsibilities and opportunities gave me the opportunity to grow to a Sr. GIS Programmer/Analyst to a Project Manager to a Sr. Project Manager. I am currently as of March 16th, 2022, running the Houston Branch. I am humbled and excited. A perfect example of the thriving I mentioned earlier.
- What was your job before you joined Resource Data?
- I worked as a GIS Developer for the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, managing GIS servers and developing interactive maps for the public and other UK government agencies. Prior to that I worked as GIS Analyst for the Scottish Government, working in the planning department doing notably GIS-based spatial analysis to determine the best location for urban greenspaces and related accessibility for the different demographics. I also single handedly made all the static maps in the National Planning Framework for Scotland 2, a long-term spatial strategy for Scotland's development.
- What do you do in your spare time? What are your hobbies?
- I have started this crazy thing of electronically unlocking hidden features in cars. I guess it’s the same satisfaction people get from souping up cars. I also enjoy a good game of rugby, weight training and hanging with the rugby families. I busy myself with intricate things when I’m not doing any of the prior listed stuff and just need a moment to think. I guess that explains why I enjoy the rather tedious weeding process of T-Shirt printing. Yes, I make custom T-shirts for fun.
- What is something people don’t know about you/something interesting about you?
- I doubled as a close protection agent while working as an Analyst for the government (not the US government 😊). I have protected the likes of Russel Crowe and Lisa Marie Presley, among others. I am currently walking around with a fractured eye socket and have two metal plates in my lower jaw.