Current Branch: Houston
At Resource Data Since 2018
Starting Position: Sr. Programmer/Analyst
- What is the best thing about Resource Data for you?
- Resource Data empowers their employees and allows you to tailor your career based upon what your career goals and personality are. It is very rare to find a company who understands and cares about their employees to that level of detail.
- What is your favorite thing about the Resource Data office?
- The people. There are a lot of people in the Houston branch that I would consider friends who I could call when I am in a bind, have a question or just want to hang out with outside of work.
- What is your role/responsibilities at Resource Data (not job title)?
- I am an Account Manager and Project Manager. I also wear a technical hat and provide solution architectural guidance and development expertise for anything data related.
- How has Resource Data benefited your career?
- Resource Data has provided me opportunities to wear multiple hats from a business and technical perspective that you may not get anywhere else. If an employee wants to be more involved in something at Resource Data, and makes it known, there is a good chance that you will be afforded the opportunity to shine.
- What has been your favorite project at Resource Data? Why?
- I’ve spent roughly 3 years at J. R. Simplot Company, which is a global agribusiness company. When I first started at Simplot, I was just a Senior Programmer on a specific project. I now manage the entire account, all projects for the account and still do a little dev work! Every day I learn something new at that client.
- What was your job before you joined Resource Data?
- Prior to join Resource Data I worked as a Senior Consultant for a larger consulting firm called Capgemini USA/Sogeti.
- What do you do in your spare time? What are your hobbies?
- I spend my spare time with my 1.5yr old daughter and my wife doing small children activities. I also like to hunt, fish, golf, ski/snowboard, swim and barbeque.
- What can you not live without?
- I thoroughly love the Mexican/Latin cuisine. I love eating some chips and queso and drinking it down with a swirl margarita!
- What inspires you?
- My family and friends inspire me to grow and be as successful as I possibly can in life and in my career.