Sr. Business Analyst
Current Branch: Anchorage
At Resource Data Since 2014
Starting Position: GIS Programmer/Analyst
- What is the best thing about Resource Data for you?
- I appreciate the high quality of work expected and delivered, combined with a true dedication to balancing work and the rest of life. Working here has allowed me to advance professionally and be able to keep family commitments that are important to me.
- What is your role/responsibilities at Resource Data (not job title)?
- I think of myself as somewhat of a translator – getting information from subject matter experts into a clear form that can shared with developers; and making sure I understand any tech-speak so I can be clear to our clients.
- What is your favorite thing about your role?
- I truly enjoy working with the diverse people at different clients to understand their day-to-day work and processes. I also really like making a visually appealing, clear diagram outlining a complicated process — there is such a feeling of accomplishment to lay out a complex issue in a beautiful, understandable way.
- What was your job before you joined Resource Data
- I came to RDI after a 5-year stint as a small group fitness instructor and personal trainer. Prior to that I have worked as a wetland ecologist, GIS specialist, permit administrator for a federal agency, and apprentice in a pottery studio.
- Where have you lived?
- Utah, Texas, and Morocco.