Sr. GIS Programmer/Analyst
Current Branch: Houston
At Resource Data Since 2013
Starting Position: Programmer/Analyst
Visit Dave's LinkedIn Profile
- What do you do in your spare time? What are your hobbies?
- In no particular order: traveling, hanging out with friends, hunting, and video games. Those are probably the highlights.
- Where have you lived?
- I’ve lived in different parts of Texas for most of my life, but also have lived overseas. I spent several years living in Jakarta, Indonesia, and got to visit other places in Southeast Asia, including Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, the Philippines, and Malaysia. It was a while ago, but I vividly remember those experiences.
- What is your favorite/most memorable moment at Resource Data?
- When we were helping to contain the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, we would do work rotations in New Orleans. It was a massive project. We worked long days with people from all over the country, but we also had the chance to enjoy the food, culture, and nightlife of the city.
- What can you not live without?
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. Pro tip: Use chopsticks.
- What skills do you enjoy using?
- Problem-solving. That sense of satisfaction you get finding solutions to issues. I also enjoy working with data, performing spatial analysis to help create beautiful maps.