Branch Manager/Head of Recruiting
Current Branch: Houston
Branches Worked In: Anchorage
At Resource Data Since 1995
Starting Position: GIS Programmer/Analyst
- What has surprised you at Resource Data?
- The amount of growth we have had. When I started we were about 15 people, and now we are around 200.
- What is your favorite thing about your role?
- Interacting with the Resource Data employees and clients.
- How has Resource Data benefited your career?
- I started at Resource Data as a GIS Programmer/Analyst, and Resource Data provided me with the opportunity to grow to a Sr. GIS Programmer/Analyst to a Project Manager to a Sr. Project Manager and finally to running my own Branch. This is one area where Resource Data excels: providing opportunity for individuals to grow in their careers. The opportunities are out there, and individuals just need to recognize them and go after them, which allows for personal career growth and growth of Resource Data.
- What has been your favorite project at Resource Data? Why?
- I would have to say taking over and building/managing the GIS at a major Alaska oil and gas producer. When I was brought in there was a lot of pent up GIS demand in the organization, and we grew from one Resource Data individual to a team of about 10–15. The client work was extremely interesting, the clients were great, and the Resource Data employees were excellent to work with.
- What was your job before you joined Resource Data?
- I worked with Jim Rogers, Rodel Hernandez, and Howard Earl at DAT/EM Systems International, where we designed software and hardware to support photogrammetric mapping.
- What is something people don’t know about you/something interesting about you?
- I am currently (for the last five years) restoring an old rare Porsche 911.