Current Branch: Houston
At Resource Data Since 2014
Starting Position: Programmer/Analyst
- What has surprised you at Resource Data?
- The work/life balance here isn’t a joke. You are the most important person to take care of. Work comes second. Seriously. If you need time off for whatever reason it is okay. If you don’t like a project, the company will get you off that project. If you decide you want to do something else, they will assign you work related to that something else. The flexibility of Resource Data is insane.
- What is your favorite thing about your role?
- I like programming. I like learning new things. I like solving problems. And I like to make people happy through my work.
- What is your favorite work location (Resource Data, client, home, coffee shop, etc.)? Why?
- I like the working in the office and at home the same amount. I would probably lean towards home just due to traffic in Houston. I like the office because it gives me easy access to everyone at Resource Data if I need help or if I need to bounce ideas off of them. Home let’s me to help my parents if they need it. It also gives me access to my cat who loves to sleep on my mouse/keyboard/the blanket I setup right next to where I sit and work.
- What do you do in your spare time? What are your hobbies?
- I play video games, board games, tabletop RPGs. I also like to make video games in my spare time.
- If you took a year off, what would you do?
- I would make a video game or travel to South Korea / Japan. I would travel to big e-sports events or video game conventions.
- Where have you lived?
- I have lived in Texas and Oklahoma my most of whole life. I briefly remember living in Maryland and West Virginia.