Project Manager/Sr. Analyst
Current Branch: Houston
At Resource Data Since 2012
Starting Position: Sr. Programmer/Analyst
- What is the best thing about Resource Data for you?
- Resource Data treats me not only as a valuable member of a team, but also as a person with my own goals and needs. Of course we’re here to do business, but Resource Data manages not to forget that we are people, too.
- How do you describe Resource Data to your friends?
- Resource Data manages to hit the sweet spot between opportunity, flexibility, and structure. There is plenty of opportunity to feel that you are making a mark, making a difference. There’s also a lot of flexibility both personally and professionally, but it is backed up by a support structure that gives you some of the safety you might find at a larger, more rigid corporation.
- What is your favorite thing about the Resource Data office?
- What makes me want to come into the Resource Data office isn’t so much the office itself as the people. We’ve managed in the Houston office to hire for not only competency but also compatibility.
- What are your roles/responsibilities at Resource Data (not job title)?
- To put it simply, I consider myself a problem solver and a mentor. In the final analysis, it is our job to solve problems for our clients, however that may pan out; whether it involves programming, integration, or simply consultation, we’re brought on to make things work better for our customers. For myself, in addition to anything involving the client, it’s also important that I share my experience and expertise with others.
- What do you do in your spare time? What are your hobbies?
- I play and program computer games in my spare time. I like the act of creation, of building something someone else will play with. The most rewarding aspect is when someone sees a use for something I built that I didn’t foresee. It pushes me to do more.