Current Branch: Anchorage
At Resource Data Since: 2016
Starting Position: Sr. Systems Engineer
- How do you describe Resource Data to your friends?
- I describe Resource Data as the most unusual and interesting place I have had the opportunity to work. While the technology is similar everywhere, the culture, flexibility, work-life balance and team, make Resource Data an excellent place to work.
- What is your favorite thing about the Resource Data office?
- Every day I look forward to a great discussion with my co-workers. We are regularly working on a great variety of projects and all encounter challenges and new technology. Collaborating on technical and process solutions with the team is intellectually stimulating, supports efficiency and learning.
- What skills do you enjoy using?
- The new ones. Sometimes this encompasses a brand new piece of technology and sometimes it is the latest version of something I have been doing for years. Creating solutions while learning new things keeps things fresh and interesting.
- What do you do in your spare time? What are your hobbies?
- I really enjoy motorcycling as much as possible. Recently this has expanded to camping on the motorcycle and bringing the dogs in the sidecar whenever I can. Since I’ve been in Alaska, I’ve occasionally traded the motorcycle for a Jeep, but still camp with the pups and friends.
- If you took a year off, what would you do?
- I would love to take my motorcycle to Deadhorse, Alaska and ride south to Tierra del Fuego, Argentina and have the time to enjoy every day. There couldn’t be a route, though every day should be a bit of a surprise and adventure with the opportunity to see new things and meet new people.