Project Manager/Sr. Analyst in Anchorage, AK
You’re ready to do more. Your technical career has progressed and you want to have more influence in project choices, but you’re not sure “management” is the right path for you. Perfect! If challenging problems, great teams, and diverse roles speak to your idea of a fulfilling career, we need to talk!
Our project managers fill varied project positions and work an equal amount with technical staff as they do with clients and business users. They understand effective project management isn’t about checking boxes; it’s about communication and expectations. Their expert analysis and ability to work directly with technical teams assures that business needs are met in delivered systems.
Interested? Let’s take a look at your first year. Here’s what’s been accomplished in the first three months:
- You’re comfortable with the team and have insights into the group dynamics, the challenges, and the strengths of each member.
- You have earned the team’s respect; they are willing to support you as you start taking the challenges of the client’s business problem.
- You’ve gained insight into the technical decisions made to date and how they support the business decisions. You’re making sure that business users can validate their requirements in the technical design.
After six months on the job, here is what’s going on:
- You’ve gained complete confidence of the client. They know you have their best interests in mind and feel they have a partner. You have completely taken ownership for several segments of the project.
- You have established communication patterns and channels with the client, the project team, and with other Resource Data staff. You make use of Resource Data systems to easily provide budget updates and regular status reports to the client. You’ve become adept at balancing business needs, client budgets, and user demands to the satisfaction of all.
- You’ve got a Resource Data network you get assistance from. You’re grateful for a wide array of talent and colleagues for support; but, you appreciate the autonomy you have, as well.
- You have completed a roadmap for a large, data-intensive project including technical design and budget. Because you fully understood the business needs and priorities, the client is signing off on your proposal tomorrow.
- Project leadership at Resource Data is relational and based on accomplishment, not position or title. After six months, the technical product owner and the development team respect you as a leader.
Flash forward a year:
- You have absolutely no regrets about joining Resource Data and are looking forward to continuing to build your career here.
- You’ve engaged your entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for opportunities with your existing clients, as well as ways to engage new clients.
- You’ve established strong working relationships with all of the team members, some of whom are at another branch. They love working with you; there is a team spirit and a focus on excellence.
- You’re able to bring in more junior staff members on your team to meet client needs; the team stays highly productive while growing.
- Only one year ago the client was concerned that a new person would be able to come in and deliver. Their assessment is exactly the opposite now – they credit you and Resource Data with their success and are looking forward to a continued partnership.
This is the project that launches your long and successful career at Resource Data. Our staff has gone on to lead critical enterprise projects, run branch offices, and lead major aspects of the business. No matter what your career aspirations are, we have opportunities for you.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, send us your resume and a quick summary of two significant accomplishments. One should be related to a team project and the other an individual accomplishment highlighting a consultant-type role. They should each be a paragraph or two and the more descriptive (less bullets) the better.
Starting in Alaska nearly 30 years ago, Resource Data has grown to 185 professionals in 6 offices across the country. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: Project Management, Database, Analysis, PMP, Software Development, Technical Project Manager, Custom Development, Data Warehouse, Reporting, Consulting, Professional Services, SDLC, Scrum, Iterative