Sr. Programmer/Analyst in Anchorage, AK
Consider that in consulting, everything changes – the business domain, the technology, the team, the users, the client – everything. Not everyone is made for this, but you are. Constant change means constant challenge and opportunity; if you thrive in this environment, you belong here.
To get started, you’ll get your feet wet working on our internal business systems. This will give you a chance to get to know the players – the business users, other developers, and team leads – and you’ll get familiar with our internal development process using tools you might know: SQL Server, ASP.Net, MVC, C#, JQuery, GitHub, etc.
Over the first several months, you’ll have a chance to show your stuff. We’ll assign you a major business process initiative where you’ll work directly with the business area leader to understand and implement the module, at least through phase 1 functionality. With the momentum and solid design you created, you’ll transition this work to a more junior developer as your involvement in projects starts accelerating.
After a year working at Resource Data, you’ve earned a stellar reputation as a versatile and dependable team member.
- You’ve built relationships with some of the junior developers in the office and provide mentoring and technical support to them as needed. You’ve also been able to highlight some of your personal side-projects by leading a roundtable discussion
- You’re working directly with Resource Data clients and the business users on their project implementations
- You understand the metrics of the Resource Data consulting model and have no problem meeting those while exceeding client expectations
- You can map business requirements to a database design and walk your stakeholders through the stickier parts of the business process; but, you also work with the developers to address database performance and security concerns. On larger projects, you are a trusted advisor to the technical lead. On smaller projects, you own the design
- User interface design may not be your gift, but you’ve realized that users expect more; you’ve taken steps to improve the user experience of your applications
- Project managers appreciate the way you provide guidance while taking into account project limitations. They love working with you!
- You’re always looking for new opportunities and have identified areas for potential follow on work with existing clients. You’ve influenced technical decisions at the proposal stage through your work with the marketing department
That’s just year one. Our consultants have gone on to lead incident responses, build incredibly valuable enterprise systems, develop open source initiatives, and open offices in brand new markets. Our company is built from the ground up to support long-term careers. If this is just year one, imagine where you’ll be with Resource Data five years from now!
If you’d like to be considered for this position, send us your resume and a quick summary of two significant accomplishments. Make one of them related to a team project and the other an individual accomplishment highlighting your role as a consultant. They should each be a paragraph or two and the more descriptive (less bullets) the better.
Starting in Alaska 30 years ago, Resource Data has grown to over 190 professionals in 6 offices across the country. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Applications can be submitted online at www.resdat.com. Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: C#, SQL Server, Oracle, MVC, HTML5, JQuery, GIS, ArcObjects, Bootstrap, Node.js, Dust.js, .Net, **