Sr. Programmer/Analyst in Juneau, AK
Make a new life in the land of vacation! Leave the software engineering work behind as you head out on the water for an evening of fishing, appease your eclectic interests with cultural events, enjoy the comfort and familiarity of a small town, and do it all while advancing your technical career.
Although you realize there is more to life than work, you're not willing to compromise on your commitment to learning, improving, and excelling as a professional software engineer. See if some of these things ring true with you:
- You can map business requirements to a database design and walk your stakeholders through the stickier parts of the business process, but you also work with other developers to address database performance and security concerns
- You understand and believe that people are the most important part of the software development process, not just tools, technologies, and procedures
- User interface design may not be your gift, but you've realized that users expect more; you've taken steps to improve the user experience of your applications
Now you're wondering, "What's next?" and "Where do I want to take my career?" Consider that after a year at Resource Data, you would be:
- Working directly with clients in a consulting role, helping them understand how new software will change their business processes and what needs to be done for smooth implementations
- Working with a wide support group of peers, both locally and across other offices, who are available for support and assistance, and always willing to help
- Influencing technology, process, and design choices; you'll be able to point to significant decisions that were made and see the results you've affected
- Living a full life--one that is personally and professionally rewarding--and looking forward to what the next 1, 5, and 10 years with Resource Data look like
The Resource Data Juneau office is located in one of the most beautiful places on earth. We have a strong commitment to the local community and are looking for people to help us continue building on our strong reputation. You likely have a background in enterprise web application development and 5-10 years of experience in software development, but we're more interested in what you've accomplished. Opportunities at Resource Data are endless for the achievement-oriented professional.
If you'd like to be considered for this position, send us your resume and a quick summary of two significant accomplishments. One of them should be related to a team project and the other an individual accomplishment highlighting your role as a consultant. Each description should be a paragraph or two long; the more descriptive (fewer bullets), the better. Check out www.resdat.com and contact us to learn more about why we offer great career opportunities.Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: C#, SQL Server, Oracle, MVC, HTML5, SharePoint, jQuery, .Net, Java, Microsoft