Sr. Programmer/Analyst in Anchorage, AK
You’ve proven your technical abilities are outstanding and you realize achieving results is more about people than process. You think you have what it takes to lead a team, wow the users, and impress the stakeholders; you’re determined to put your skills to use for maximum value. If you’re ready to set some audacious goals and go after them, we need to talk.
This is a career opportunity, but not without challenges. Coming in the door, we’ll get you oriented to the RDI culture and our office. You’ll meet the RDI staff, the client, and the project team. Within a month you will have started building an RDI peer network by attending branch lunches and company-wide technical roundtables.
You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting started and, in the first three months, here’s what’s been accomplished:
- You’ve established strong working relationships with all of the team members, some of whom are remote developers.
- The team has bonded and everyone knows their roles and responsibilities. There are clear communication channels.
- Project leadership at RDI is relational and based on accomplishment, not position or title. After three months, the technical product owner and the development team respect you as the team leader.
- You are known for being an innovative and decisive problem solver and provide technical support to the development team.
- You’ve transitioned the development team to an agile process to be more responsive to user requests and increase communication with the development team.
- You’re starting to take on significant components of the software architecture and database design.
You’ve now been working with this client for a year; clearly the client is happy and RDI is exceeding expectations.
- You’ve led the database design for all new features, walking the product owner and developers through the design and how the design will accommodate and improve business processes.
- You make use of RDI systems to easily provide budget updates and regular status reports to the client. You’ve become adept at balancing business needs, client budgets, and user demands to the satisfaction of all.
- You have a completed roadmap for a data warehouse project including technical design and budget. Because you fully understood the business needs and priorities, the client is signing off on your proposal tomorrow.
- Application stability is no longer a concern; everyone is focused on new functionality. With your expert assistance, the overall performance of the application has increased significantly, too.
- Only one year ago the business users were unhappy and grumbling because their core business system was buggy and features took too long to get implemented. Their opinion is 180 degrees different now. They love using it, they are enthused about their jobs, and the future of the business is bright.
This is the project that launches your long and successful career at RDI. Our technical staff has gone on to lead critical enterprise projects, run branch offices, and lead major aspects of the business. No matter what your career aspirations are, we have opportunities for you.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, send us your resume and a quick summary of two significant accomplishments. Make one of them related to a team project and the other an individual accomplishment highlighting a consultant-type role. They should each be a paragraph or two and the more descriptive (fewer bullets) the better.
Starting in Alaska 30 years ago, RDI has grown to 190 professionals in 5 offices across the country. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
RDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: C#, SQL Server, Oracle, MVC, HTML5, JQuery, GIS, ArcObjects, Bootstrap, Node.js, Dust.js, .Net, Cold Fusion, Database, Data Warehouse, Reporting, SQR, SSRS, SSIS, ERD, Java