Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Data Analytics in Boise, ID
Technology is the tool, data the medium, and insights the art.
Sound a little pretentious? Maybe, but as a data analytics professional you know that providing data-driven insights can make an impact. That’s why you got into this field! Now, you’d like to do it not just for one company, but for many. Read on to find out how!
Resource Data has been in the business of providing custom software and data-driven business applications for over 30 years. We’ve built a reputation of being trustworthy, competent, and dependable. Clients rely on us to help them effectively use technology to improve their business. We don’t just give them buzzwords and jargon; we provide practical advice based on our technical expertise and inside knowledge of their business. Data analysis tools and insight are a growing part of our services.
Intrigued? Let’s look at what a successful career at Resource Data might look like.
After three months here…
- You jumped right in. After a period of acclimation with your new teammates, you started work on an existing data analytics project, helping the team complete key objectives on time.
- You’ve had a role in several other projects building ETL processes and expanding data warehouse capabilities. This has allowed you to build connections across the Resource Data offices.
- You’ve started working with the business users to understand what they’re after and how you can help.
- You’ve identified datasets that look intriguing. You’re comfortable working directly with the client and have started discussing how they might use them for better insights.
- Three months in and you’re a bona fide member of the Resource Data team. The client sees Resource Data as their data analytics experts.
At six months you’re developing opportunities.
- You’ve started working with the client on a new initiative. You’re leading the research and developing a proof-of-concept to validate the idea and turn it into a full project.
- You have identified work that could be handed off to someone more junior. We’ve started hiring for a new position.
- You’ve continued to build your network at Resource Data and leverage expertise from across the company. You appreciate the depth of technical knowledge and the diversity of skills available to assist on specific problems.
- You’ve led an internal discussion about common tools used in data analytics and the problem sets they are applied to. This has led to requests from other branches to support developing data analytics practice areas.
After one year, you’re building Resource Data and have a vision of a data analytics team.
- You’ve identified several other clients in the local area in need of data analytics services. You have worked with the proposal team to develop technical estimates and present proposals. New clients are coming on board.
- You’re able to market the breadth of services Resource Data can offer and are expanding our presence with clients outside of data analytics.
- You’re working with the hiring team to identify colleges and programs that provide the right mix of technical and analytical education so you can help hire the best candidates for a growing practice.
This is just year one. Imagine what you can accomplish after that!
We expect you’ve got a few years’ experience in a business setting applying your statistical and machine learning background using tools like R and Python. In addition to data manipulation and modeling, you should have some exposure to software development and technical projects. Ultimately, we’re more interested in what you’ve done than years of experience, so please feel free to highlight your accomplishments.
We often say Resource Data is consulting done right. We work hard to provide stability and flexibility so that our employees can grow and experience long-term successful careers here. We take our commitment to clients seriously and strive to do our best work for them while also having a rewarding personal life.
If this sounds like the right place for you to continue you’re career journey, send us an application. We’d love to talk more about this opportunity and what Resource Data can offer.
Starting in Alaska over 30 years ago, Resource Data has grown to over 180 professionals across 5 offices. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: Python, R, Dplyr, GLM, Caret, Keras, Tidymodels, Pandas, statsmodels, scikit-learn, REST API, data visualization, AWS, SageMaker, Azure Synapse, HDInsight, Data Factory, Data Lakes, Rekognition, Jupyter Notebook, Microsoft Power BI, Talend, Tableau