Sr. Programmer/Analyst in Boise, ID
Consider that in consulting, everything changes – the business domain, the technology, the team, the users, the client – everything. Not everyone is made for this, but you are. Constant change means constant challenge and opportunity. If you thrive in this kind of environment, you belong here.
Let’s look at what it’s like working here. To get started, you’ll get your feet wet working on our internal business systems. This will give you a chance to get to know the business users, other developers, and team leads.
Over the first several months, you’ll have a chance to show your stuff. We’ll assign you a major business process initiative where you’ll work directly with the business area leader to understand and implement the module, at least through phase 1 functionality. With the design you created, you’ll transition this work to a more junior developer as your involvement in projects starts accelerating.
Within a year of being here, you’ve earned a stellar reputation as a versatile and dependable team member.
- You’ve built relationships with some of the junior developers in the office and provide mentoring and technical support to them. You’ve also been able to highlight some of your personal side-projects by leading a roundtable discussion
- You’re working directly with clients and the business users on their project implementations
- You understand the metrics of our consulting model and have no problem meeting those while exceeding client expectations
- You can map business requirements to a database design and walk your stakeholders through the stickier parts of the business process. You also work with the developers to address database performance and security concerns. On larger projects, you are a trusted advisor to the technical lead. On smaller projects, you own the design
- User interface design may not be your gift, but you’ve realized that users expect more. You’ve taken steps to improve the user experience of your applications
- Project managers appreciate the way you provide guidance while considering project limitations. They love working with you!
- You’re always looking for new opportunities and have identified areas for potential follow on work with existing clients. You’ve influenced technical decisions at the proposal stage through your work with the marketing department
That’s just year one. Our consultants have gone on to lead incident responses, build enterprise systems, develop open source initiatives, and open offices in brand new markets. Our company is built from the ground up to support long-term careers. If this is just year one, imagine where you’ll be five years from now!
If you’d like to be considered for this position, send us your resume and a quick summary of two significant accomplishments, the more descriptive/fewer bullets the better. One of them should be a team project and the other an individual accomplishment highlighting your role as a consultant.
Starting in Alaska over 30 years ago, Resource Data has grown to over 185 professionals in 5 offices. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.