Business Development Manager in Anchorage, AK
Relationships are the foundation of business, especially for professional services. You enjoy working with people and learning about their business. But for them to do something different, they will need to think different. That’s the dynamic of solution selling. If you enjoy that kind of challenge, we should talk!
We’ve designed and built solutions for clients across a variety of industries. We’ve done some amazing projects, but all of them had to start somewhere. Now, we’re looking for a leader to nurture the next generation of new client relationships.
In this position, you will impact the overall direction of the business by developing new client opportunities in existing and new market segments. We could list the tools and techniques you have in your toolbox, but we just want to know what you can do.
With that in mind, here's what your first year might look like. In your first three months...
- You’ve established a good rapport with the staff here. These relationships have helped you understand how to best cultivate new opportunities.
- You’ve generated several leads that have resulted in meetings to discuss potential projects.
- You’re getting familiar with our internal systems; you use these tools in your day-to-day activities and have even identified some areas for improvement.
- The Resource Data culture is professional, relaxed, and approachable. This suits you and you’re feeling comfortable.
After six months the momentum is starting to build...
- You’re continuing to build out your network and get insight to new opportunities.
- You've participated in the proposal process and see how your efforts are resulting in project work.
- You have developed a list of organizations to target based on our strategic objectives.
- Your creative talents around business development are being used in other marketing-related areas such as social media and recruiting. Your original ideas are propagating throughout Resource Data.
Fast forward to your one-year anniversary at Resource Data...
- New leads are coming in consistently and work is materializing. You’ve refined your process as you learn what works and what doesn’t.
- The changes you suggested for our tools are being implemented and our business development processes are becoming more efficient.
- You are confident in the technical aspects of what Resource Data does and are working to keep abreast of relevant industry trends.
- Most importantly, Resource Data has started building long-term relationships with several new clients.
Intrigued? At Resource Data we thrive on opportunity, and this position is no exception. You will have access to all senior staff and visibility into our work at all locations. We have a long history of successful delivery of IT projects and will support your initiative and tenacity. For the successful candidate, there is no limit to growth. If you want a career on the fast track, this is something you should seriously consider. Send us a resume and cover letter today.
Starting in Alaska 35 years ago, Resource Data has grown to over 180 professionals in 5 offices across the country.
Resource Data, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.