Project Manager/Analyst in Juneau, AK
You want more: Your technical career has progressed, and you want to have more influence in project choices… but you’re not sure “management” is the right path for you. Perfect! If challenging problems, great teams, and diverse roles sound like your idea of a fulfilling career, we need to talk! Our project managers fill various project positions, working with technical staff as much as they do with clients and business users. They understand that effective project management isn’t about checking boxes, it’s about communication and expectations. Their expert analysis—and their ability to work directly with technical teams—assures that clients’ needs are met in delivered systems.
Let’s say that you’ve joined the Resource Data family. Here’s what you’ve accomplished in the first three months:
- You’re comfortable with the team and have insights into the group dynamics, the challenges, and the strengths of each member.
- You have earned the team’s respect; they are willing to support you as you start taking on new challenges.
- You’ve gained insight into previous technical decisions, and you understand how they support business decisions. You’re making sure that business users can validate their requirements in the technical design.
After six months on the job, here’s where you are:
- You’ve gained complete confidence of the client. You keep their best interests in mind, and they treat you as a partner. You have complete ownership for several segments of the project.
- You have established communication patterns and channels with the client, the project team, and with other RDI staff. You make use of RDI systems to easily provide budget updates and regular status reports to the client. You’ve become adept at balancing business needs, client budgets, and user demands to the satisfaction of all.
- You’ve got the entire RDI network behind you. You’re grateful for a wide array of talent and colleagues for support—but you also appreciate the autonomy you have. You have completed a roadmap for a large, data-intensive project, including technical design and budget. Because you fully understood the business needs and priorities, the client is signing off on your proposal tomorrow.
- Project leadership at RDI is relational—based on accomplishment, not position or title. After six months, the technical product owner and the development team respect you as a leader.
Fast-forward a year:
- You have absolutely no regrets about joining RDI and are looking forward to continuing to build your career here.
- You’ve engaged your entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for new opportunities with your existing clients, as well as exploring ways to engage new clients.
- You’ve established strong working relationships with all the team members, some of whom are remote developers. They love working with you; there is a team spirit and a focus on excellence.
- You’re able to bring in more junior staff members on your team to meet client needs; the team stays highly productive while growing.
- Just a year ago, the client was concerned about whether a new person would be able to come in and deliver. Their assessment is exactly the opposite now—they credit you and RDI with their success and are looking forward to a continued partnership.
These are realistic scenarios of your long and successful career at Resource Data. Our individual team members have gone on to lead critical enterprise projects, run branch offices, and head up major aspects of the business. No matter what your career aspirations are, we have opportunities for you.
Starting in Alaska over 30 years ago, Resource Data, Inc. has grown to 185 professionals in five offices across the country. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high-value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: Project Management, Database, Analysis, PMP, Software Development, Technical Project Manager, Custom Development, Data Warehouse, Reporting, Consulting, Professional Services, SDLC, Scrum, Iterative, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis