GIS Project Manager/Sr. Analyst
- Location Anchorage, Alaska
- Employment Type Salary exempt
Are you interested in managing technically challenging IT projects with an established and growing company rife with opportunity? If so, this is the job for you. At Resource Data we strive for a long-term, stable workforce, and offer our employees competitive salary and benefits with flexibility to suit their individual needs. Come join our team!
- Develops project charters, budgets, plans, and manages Resource Data projects. Oversees and manages the technical application, design, budget, and implementation for assigned projects. Acts as Resource Data’s customer liaison, responsible for maintaining positive relationships between Resource Data and clients and ensuring timely and effective delivery of defined scopes and budget.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages multiple projects with ability to meet Resource Data client deadlines and budgets.
- Manages projects teams of developers and analysts.
- Manages and documents scope of work.
- Develops and oversees project plans and project team development and implements change control procedures.
- Collaborates with teams to provide technical direction on requirements gathering, systems analysis, design, testing, and deployment.
- Applies appropriate management techniques and takes full responsibility for the successful completion of projects.
- Responsible for mitigating risks and proactively identifying and resolving issues.
- Assures teams have clear understanding of functional requirements.
- Ensures that project quality control activities happen including document reviews, code reviews, software design reviews, architectural reviews, and testing.
- Responsible for financial status of project.
- Conducts timely and effective status reporting.
- Writes and executes marketing proposals with the assistance of the proposal team.
- Manages financial aspects of project including the use of Resource Data nonbillable time.
- Ensures timely and effective delivery to Resource Data clients and assures integrity of project deliverables.
- Represents Resource Data in project and strategy meetings.
- Responsible for completion of “lessons learned” from projects.
- Stays current with industry standards and trends.
- Represents projects to Resource Data management.
- Leads and directs small project teams
About Resource Data
Starting in Alaska 35 years ago, Resource Data has grown to about 185 professionals in 5 offices across the United States. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: Project Management, Database, Analysis, PMP, Software Development, Technical Project Manager, Custom Development, Data Warehouse, Reporting, Consulting, Professional Services, SDLC, Scrum, Iterative, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis