Sr. Business Analyst
- Location Anchorage, Alaska
- Employment Type Salary exempt
As a Senior Business Analyst with Resource Data, you will be responsible for eliciting, analyzing and documenting requirements as needed, including determination of system impact and software configuration. You will also participate with customers and internal functions as appropriate throughout the development, testing, and implementation processes. Research and evaluate alternative approaches and recommend efficient and cost effective solutions and help contribute to activities to improve quality and advance the overall analysis practice throughout the organization.
- Interacts with clients to define requirements and understand clients’ business processes and needs.
- Establishes and maintains communication channels between Resource Data and client subject matter experts to monitor and improve client satisfaction.
- Documents technical and business processes/workflows in narrative and diagrammatic forms following Resource Data, client, and industry standards and guidelines.
- Creates targeted documentation for diverse audiences, leveraging prior experience to identify appropriate documentation type and approach given the project’s size and scope.
- Reviews documents and recommends revisions or changes to document’s approach, scope, production method, or dissemination.
- Evaluates and recommends commercial off-the-shelf solutions where appropriate.
- Assesses enterprise software solutions and how they could improve the client’s business.
- Applies acquired business analysis practices and techniques on projects that involve new or unfamiliar industry domains.
- Identifies assumptions, gaps, or risks within the project that may affect successful project completion. Works with Project Managers and senior technical staff to mitigate or address.
- Maintain communication between different project stakeholders to provide them with relevant updates and request feedback as needed.
- Works with senior technical staff on the project team to ensure that developed software meets client business requirements.
- Establishes and maintains communication channels between Resource Data and all levels of client project personnel to monitor and improve Resource Data client satisfaction and the chances of project success.
- Participates as needed in various testing activities such as writing test plans, identifying test scenarios, writing testing scripts, execute testing, reporting bugs, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst with emphasis on Software or IT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, diligent, organized and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Agile and other project management frameworks, as well as Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- 3+ years of experience with technical writing for audiences such as Software Engineers, System Administrators, or other IT and business professionals
- Extensive experience with software applications, including Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
Desirable Skills and Experience
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Technical Writing Certification or professional education
- Experience with SQL and other report writing tools.
- Agile Training and/or Certification(s)
- Experience with project management
- Experience with State Government
About Resource Data
Starting in Alaska 35 years ago, Resource Data has grown to about 185 professionals in 5 offices across the United States. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position. #LI-Onsite