Our Work: Case Management System Web Portal
As part of its new case management system (CMS), the RCA wanted a comprehensive public web portal. Although the CMS included a portal, the RCA needed more functionality.
The RCA asked Resource Data to build a custom web portal that integrated with the CMS and supported users in
- Viewing information about RCA activities
- Researching cases and documents
- Submitting documents electronically
- Securely managing a utility’s regulatory activities
We developed a web portal built on the CMS’s framework. With all content pulled from the CMS’s database, updates are displayed immediately, making the RCA’s activities more transparent.
Site highlights include
- Extensive searches for finding information and researching
- “Detail” pages that consolidate related information
- RSS feeds to notify users of updates
- Workflows for submitting documents
- Secure access for utilities and others interacting with the RCA
We were responsible for the entire development lifecycle:
- Project management
- Requirements definition
- Graphic design
- Functional and technical design
- User and technical documentation
- Site deployment
- Individualized user support
Using a utility user committee’s input and our knowledge from the CMS selection process, we created a clickable prototype to model the site’s structure and its graphical and functional designs.
Because the CMS is a niche product, we first spent several weeks with the vendor, learning the CMS’s framework. Then while building the site, we worked with the CMS’s architect, defining new framework features.