Project Manager/Sr. Analyst in Anchorage, AK
You succeed because you get things done. You’ve had hard-won project success through practical approaches and excellent communication. You’ve taken on more challenging engagements, but lately the work seems to be about completing forms, filing reports, and checking boxes … not your idea of a fulfilling career.
It’s time to check out Resource Data. We’re all about achievement and our project managers are at the heart of that. They fill diverse roles and work with technical staff, clients, and business users. They understand effective project management is about communication and they pay attention to the little things. Some of their other attributes include
- Expert analysts with the ability to assure business needs are met in the systems they deliver.
- Relational managers that lead engaged teams and expand our work.
- Proactive communicators that use their influence and diplomacy to smooth tensions.
Interested? Let’s look at your first year here. Three months into the job
- You’ve started with an existing client, tackling some of the identified analysis needs. You’re getting a feel for the client’s organization and the team dynamics.
- You have quickly earned the team’s respect and they are in support of you taking on broader aspects of the client’s business problem.
- You’ve gained insight into the technical decisions made to date and how they support the business needs. You’re making sure that business users can validate their requirements in the solution design.
After six months on the job
- You’ve gained the complete confidence of the client. They know you represent their interests and trust you as a partner. You have taken on ownership for several segments of the project.
- You are establishing communication patterns with the client, the project team, and with other Resource Data staff. They are recognizing your leadership abilities.
- You’ve built a network at Resource Data. You appreciate the level of autonomy you have, but also the wide array of talent available for support, when needed.
- Project leadership at Resource Data is relational and based on accomplishment, not titles. After six months, the client’s business team and technical staff default to you with questions and feedback.
At the end of year one, you have absolutely no regrets about joining Resource Data and are looking forward to continuing to build your career here.
- You are making use of Resource Data systems to easily provide budget updates and regular status reports to the client. You are easily fulfilling your project management responsibilities.
- You’ve engaged your entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for opportunities with your existing clients, as well as ways to engage new clients.
- You’re able to bring in more junior staff members to your team; they stay highly productive while growing.
- You’re fully integrated into Resource Data and are considered a peer with our other project managers. You’re leading training sessions and facilitating company-wide roundtable discussions.
- Only one year ago the client was concerned whether a new person would be able to come in and deliver. Their assessment is exactly the opposite now – they credit you and Resource Data with their success and are looking forward to a continued partnership.
This is the project that launches your long and successful career here. Our staff has gone on to lead critical enterprise projects, run branch offices, and oversee major aspects of the business. No matter what your career aspirations are, we have opportunities for you.
Interested? We should talk! Send us your resume and a quick summary of two significant accomplishments. One should be related to a team project and the other an individual accomplishment highlighting a consultant-type role. They should each be a paragraph or two and the more descriptive (fewer bullets) the better.
Starting in Alaska 30 years ago, Resource Data has grown to over 180 professionals in 5 offices. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: Project Management, Database, Analysis, PMP, Software Development, Technical Project Manager, Custom Development, Data Warehouse, Reporting, Consulting, Professional Services, SDLC, Scrum, Business Analysis