Resource Data is a custom software, GIS, and IT consulting company and as such we believe in protecting your privacy and personal information. This policy explains how we collect, use, and share your personal information. Additionally, we will detail how we protect your personal data, as well as your rights with respect to said data, and how long we retain your personal data.
For the purpose of this policy, personal data is defined as any information Resource Data collects that can be used to identify an individual directly, indirectly, or by aggregation with other information.
Information/Data We Collect
Resource Data collects information for a variety of reasons including site optimization, user experience improvement, security maintenance, behavior analysis, and to better provide services to our clients.
The information we collect comes from various sources and includes but is not limited to the following categories:
- System and device data: Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique browser identifiers, browser and operating system information, geolocation data, Internet connection data, and details about how users interact with our site.
- Prospective employee data: Data provided by candidates in connection with employment opportunities including official identification and photographs.
- Contact and inquiry data: Name, title, organization, phone numbers, mailing address, and email address.
- Marketing data: Participation in job-fairs, recruiting and other events, opt-in marketing, outreach, surveys, and other email campaigns.
- Client data: Data received from customers in support of services provided to or on behalf of our clients.
Resource Data works with limited third party sites (e.g. Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) who have their own cookies and privacy policies. Resource Data is not responsible for any cookies placed by, or personal information disclosed, to third party sites.
Data Use and Processing
Resource Data values privacy and as such exercises extreme care in how it uses, and does not use, personal data.
Private data and third-party sites
- We will not sell your data to third party processors.
- We will not disclose your data or personal information to any third party except in accordance with this policy or as directed by law after due review by our legal team (e.g. regulatory requests, court orders or subpoenas, or law enforcement or government agency requests)
Resource Data uses collected information in a variety of ways. Examples include:
- Enhancing our website by improving the use, layout, and content of our site for our clients based on analytics collected.
- Protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of Resource Data information systems and assets through a robust security program, as well as protecting all client data that resides on, or may be accessed through, Resource Data systems.
- Considering applicants for employment with Resource Data requires us to collect identity and contact data for processing applications and to comply with local, state, and federal legal obligations.
- Legal frameworks and compliance regulations require us to use client, contact, identification, system, and device data to ensure we meet our legal obligations.
- Contact and client data will be used to maintain relationships and provide services to our clients and fulfill existing contractual, legal, and business obligations.
- Previously collected data may be used as the basis for marketing. This includes newsletters, company announcements, and networking with previous and potential clients. We provide an opt-out option for those who do not wish to receive marketing information.
- To opt-out of any marketing related materials and to have your information removed from our system please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you within 30 days.
Security and Retention
Resource Data is committed to collecting, storing, transmitting, and disposing of all personal data in a safe and secure manner. Despite this commitment information transmitted electronically is inherently risky and we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us electronically.
Resource Data implements administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect all personal data collected, stored, and disclosed against the possibility of loss, destruction, improper access or modification. We implement industry standard protections for all data-at-rest and all data-in-transit and we continually evaluate and update our security to conform with industry and government recommendations and best practices.
Data Retention and Deletion
Resource Data will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Retention time may vary depending on the type and scope of the data collected and are based on legal frameworks, obligations, and guidelines. Additionally, information required by criminal or civil inquiries or investigations may be retained longer than otherwise indicated.
Resource Data values the privacy of children and will never knowingly collect or maintain personal information or data about anyone under the age of 18.
For more information or to ask about your personal data please contact us at email@example.com.