Technical Lead in Boise, ID
You’ve proven your technical abilities in a range of technologies; and, what you don’t know, you learn. You understand there is more than one path to success and you’re comfortable completing projects on your own or being part of a team. You love technical challenges and working with other smart people. If you’re reading this and thinking, “yeah, it’s time for a change,” then we should talk.
In addition to challenging technical work, Resource Data offers career opportunities with best-of-class work-life flexibility. Just like we do on projects, let’s dive in and look at what your first year at Resource Data might look like.
Because you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get going, here’s what you’ve done in the first three months:
- You’ve established strong working relationships with all the team members, including co-workers and client staff. The team is bonded and everyone knows their roles and responsibilities. There are clear communication channels.
- You’ve become known for being an innovative and decisive problem solver. You regularly provide technical support to all members of the project team. They’ve started to trust your judgement and opinions.
- You’ve helped make the agile development process run smoothly, reinforcing the process through your ability to communicate.
- You’ve learned the technical capabilities of the platform and what can be leveraged to extend the system. You’re starting to take on responsibility for significant components of the software architecture and design.
You’ve now been working with this client for a year; clearly the client is happy and Resource Data is exceeding expectations.
- You’ve led the database and application design for several new features, walking the product owner and developers through the design and how it will accommodate and improve business processes.
- You’ve led the development for new applications built on the existing rules engine that extend the feature set and provide functionality to other parts of the business.
- You’ve developed an effective working relationship with the product owner as well as the business users most impacted by Resource Data’s work. You’re able to demonstrate value at all levels.
- You’re supporting other developers as they build new features, fix bugs, and do application or database tuning to improve performance. You’ve leveraged your technical expertise in infrastructure and development to become a respected leader on the team.
- You can navigate RDI’s systems so that you stay in touch with the greater community of Resource Data staff, even while working onsite for the client. You appreciate the varied and deep resources available when you come across new challenges or unfamiliar technologies.
- A year ago, the client was unsure how the system would impact the business and were concerned about costs. Now, they understand the value technical innovation can bring and they are looking to invest more.
This is the project that launches your long and successful career at Resource Data. Our technical staff has gone on to lead critical enterprise projects, run branch offices, and lead major aspects of the business. No matter what your career aspirations are, we have opportunities for you.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, send us your resume and a quick summary of two significant accomplishments. One of them should be related to a team project and the other an individual accomplishment highlighting a consultant-type role. A paragraph or two in length is sufficient and the more descriptive (fewer bullets) the better.
Starting in Alaska over 30 years ago, Resource Data has grown to over 180 professionals across 5 offices. We’re ready and eager to demonstrate high value results to local clients through our commitment to people, technology, and results.
Resource Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any visa sponsorship or transfers for this position.
Keywords: C#, SQL Server, Oracle, MVC, HTML5, Database, Data Warehouse, Java, Web Services, Linux, Windows, GIS, ETL