Meet some of our world-class problem solvers. Dedicated. Unique. And fun.
We are dedicated, collaborative, innovative, and just as important, we’re fun to work with. At the end of the workday, our interests extend far beyond technical environments. We are hikers, bikers, gamers, readers, parents, pet lovers, volunteers, sports fans, bakers, musicians, and more.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Finding a perfect fit at Resource Data, Andrew appreciates the company and its employees more than any other place he...Learn More Andrew Boulton Sr. Systems EngineerClose
Andrew BoultonSr. Systems Engineer
Finding a perfect fit at Resource Data, Andrew appreciates the company and its employees more than any other place he has worked. The sense of belonging and the friendly, ego-free environment at Resource Data make it a special place for him. His favorite project so far? Assisting two Alaskan utilities with their merger, a task that brought both challenge and satisfaction.
Andrew’s not just about work, though. Living in both the most northern and southern states in the US, he has developed a love for fishing, photography, and is currently delving into speaker build projects for home theater. Together with his wife, he’s part of a group that makes and delivers lasagnas to people in need. This act of community service reflects a compassionate side that resonates with his friendly demeanor at work.
A few of Andrew's favorite things
- Food Chinese
- Music 80's hair metal
- Video game Halo
- Board game Monopoly
- Movie The Man from Snowy River
- Book The Wheel of Time series
- Local restaurant Dunya, a Mediterranean restaurant
- Sports team University of Georgia
- Place to travel/vacation The Bahamas or Hawaii
Living in the quiet neighborhood of Wasilla, Alaska, Alvin finds joy in the peaceful surroundings and the close-knit community. Growing...Learn More Alvin Morris Systems EngineerClose
Alvin MorrisSystems Engineer
Living in the quiet neighborhood of Wasilla, Alaska, Alvin finds joy in the peaceful surroundings and the close-knit community. Growing up in Northwestern Alaska, in the small village of Noorvik, he has always appreciated the tranquility of his home state.
At Resource Data, Alvin thrives on the varied projects and the constant engagement with different technologies, some of which he has never touched before. The challenge of choosing a favorite project is a testament to the diverse and interesting work he’s involved in. What keeps him at Resource Data? The people he works with and the office atmosphere they’ve created, especially as the hub for the Systems Engineering team.
When not working, you’ll most likely find him immersed in a book, adding to his collection, or experimenting with home-brewed beer and mead. He’s even considering venturing into winemaking!
A few of Alvin's favorite things
- Food Pizza or Steak
- Music Mostly rock music
- Video game Eve online
- Board game Not a board game, but he plays Magic: The Gathering and Warhammer 40k
- Movie The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Local restaurant The Grape Tap in Wasilla
- Sports team Inter Miami, especially since Messi joined the MLS
- Place to travel/vacation Homer, AK, a favorite for camping and beach time with the family
He loves pets, ear scratches, and bacon. He’s Pivo, the Portland branch manager…ahem, mascot. Pivo hangs out in the Portland...Learn More Pivo Portland MascotClose
He loves pets, ear scratches, and bacon. He’s Pivo, the Portland branch manager…ahem, mascot. Pivo hangs out in the Portland branch saying hi and brightening the day of everyone he encounters. Throw a ball for him or slip him a treat and you’ll have a buddy for life. Fun fact His name means beer in Czech.
A few of Pivo’s favorite things
- Food Bacon
- Game Chasing balls
- Resource Data project My favorite is when I get to greet the clients, new candidates, and employees when they come in the office.
Head of Recruiting
Celebrating 28 years with Resource Data, Doug continues to thrive on challenging work and the dynamic atmosphere. Doug credits the...Learn More Doug Ruppert Head of RecruitingClose
Doug RuppertHead of Recruiting
Celebrating 28 years with Resource Data, Doug continues to thrive on challenging work and the dynamic atmosphere. Doug credits the Houston team’s expertise and collaborative spirit as a significant contribution to our company’s success. He particularly enjoyed a project that integrated GIS with a cost model for adjustments based on alignment changes, offering a fascinating and rewarding cost analysis approach. Outside of work, you can find Doug enjoy remodeling projects like the restoration of a 1974 Porsche 911, which has been a decade in the making! He also loves spending time on the water, whether it’s boating, wakeboarding, or surfing.
A few of Doug's favorite things:
- Food Sushi, particularly from a remarkable establishment in Katy, TX, that imports fresh fish from Japan weekly.
- Music Classic rock and metal remain my musical preferences.
- Movie The exhilarating flying sequences in "Top Gun Maverick" left an impression on me.
- Book My recent dive into some of Tom Clancy's older books revealed the intriguing parallels between his narratives and the contemporary world.
- Travel The allure of the Caribbean has captured my heart, with a recent cruise from London to Miami adding a unique twist to my travel experiences.
Sr. Proposal Writer
Emily is a born and raised Alaskan. She loves the beautiful mountains, friendly people, glittering waterways, soul-restoring views, and urban...Learn More Emily Blattmachr Sr. Proposal WriterClose
Emily BlattmachrSr. Proposal Writer
Emily is a born and raised Alaskan. She loves the beautiful mountains, friendly people, glittering waterways, soul-restoring views, and urban wildlife that make Anchorage rugged and precious. As a senior proposal writer for Resource Data, she appreciates the company culture and flexibility, and enjoys collaborating with teammates to help our branches win new work. In her free time, she’s passionate about the benefits of natural products and makes beeswax candles and wax melts. She also loves reading, gardening, hiking, boating, and traveling, but no matter how far around the world she roams, she always misses the Chugach.
A few of Emily’s favorite things
- Food Anything that she didn’t have to prepare.
- Music Hits, country, piano, and Christmas (hot on the heels of Thanksgiving)
- Video game Call of Duty
- Board game Cards Against Humanity
- Movie Gladiator and Love Actually
- Book The Call of the Wild
- Local restaurant Moose’s Tooth (Avalanche pizza) and Suite 100 (Kickin’ Chicken)
- Vacation destination Anywhere new and preferably sunny
Sr. Proposal Writer
Howard believes that software makes the world a better place. He’s been with Resource Data for over 25 years and...Learn More Howard Earl Sr. Proposal WriterClose
Howard EarlSr. Proposal Writer
Howard believes that software makes the world a better place. He’s been with Resource Data for over 25 years and is proud of the work we’ve done to make aviation safer, increase voter participation, and improve energy efficiency, just to name a few of our contributions. He commutes to our Anchorage branch from the nearby rainforest/ski town of Girdwood, where he spends as much time as he can outdoors Nordic skiing in the winter, trekking in the summer, or mushroom hunting in the fall. Ask him about his windshield-free adventure up the Alcan, or what he’s listening to on his commute (it’s probably one of his daughter’s four albums – check out her work at www.avaearl.com).
A few of Howard’s favorite things
- Food Gyros
- Movie Life Aquatic
- Book One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Local restaurant Spoons
- Vacation destination A good staycation
After graduating with a geology degree, Rachel worked in the mining industry where she was first exposed to GIS (Geographic...Learn More Rachel Kelly DirectorClose
After graduating with a geology degree, Rachel worked in the mining industry where she was first exposed to GIS (Geographic Information Systems). After a few seasons of roughing it in mining camps, a career in IT was calling her name. She joined Resource Data in 2014 as an intern and honed her programming, project management, analysis, and natural leadership skills on a wide range of projects before taking on branch leadership in 2021.
In her free time, you can find Rachel outdoors, hiking or on a fat-tire bike, exploring the amazing trails and public-use cabins around Juneau that she says set her town apart from other outdoorsy communities. She loves running into her co-workers on the docks on a sunny summer day, on the slopes after a good snow, or at the frisbee golf course. She also enjoys tending her garden, which has slowly taken over her backyard.
A few of Rachel’s favorite things:
- Food Thai or smoked salmon
- Music Enya (yes, for reals) or Miley Cyrus (new stuff only)
- Game Settlers of Catan
- TV show Parks and Rec, The Office (the American version), Sopranos, and Seinfeld
- Book Sea Wolf by Jack London (any Jack London or Jane Austen)
- Sports team The early 2000’s Phoenix Suns (go Steve Nash!)
- Vacation destination Summer - Forest Service cabins around Southeast Alaska; Winter - Hawaii (duh)
- Local restaurant The Island Pub
Martha loves Resource Data’s culture. She works remotely from Tennessee but feels connected through her interactions across the company. When...Learn More Martha Childs HR AdministratorClose
Martha ChildsHR Administrator
Martha loves Resource Data’s culture. She works remotely from Tennessee but feels connected through her interactions across the company. When not working, she likes to explore Tennessee’s cave systems and visit the Smokey Mountains National Park. She appreciates living in the country with a view of the Pigeon River and Smokey Mountains, yet is within driving distance to destinations like Gatlinburg, Knoxville, and Nashville, Tennessee. When not exploring, she gives back to her community by participating in events like the Tennessee Tree day where she planted 15 native seedlings—some she is proud to share are still thriving!
A few of Martha's favorite things
- Food BBQ Chicken
- Music Steel Drum, new style Country and of course Rock ‘n Roll!
- Movie Avatar: The Way of the Water
- Book Anything mystery or crime
- Local restaurant Buddy's Barbeque
- Vacation destination Florida
Whether in a book or on a hiking trail, Dave likes a good adventure. He loves reading and discussing books...Learn More Dave Matheson ControllerClose
Whether in a book or on a hiking trail, Dave likes a good adventure. He loves reading and discussing books with his book club (a favorite pick was Red Notice, by Bill Browder – a true story of high finance, murder, and one man’s fight for justice!) and exploring the Talkeetna Mountains. His all-time favorite trail leads to a well-preserved TB-29 Superfortress bomber plane that crashed on a glacier in 1957. As Resource Data’s controller, he enjoys diverse work, like multi-state taxation and emerging-issues research, and his super bright and very talented coworkers.
A few of Dave’s favorite things
- Food Maryland BBQ Ribs
- Music Anything David Sanborn (Smooth Jazz)
- Board game Monopoly; with just a few subtle rule changes to step up the ante and increase the competition every game!
- Movie Rocky 1 & Rocky IV
- Book Tuesdays with Morrie
- Local restaurant Ray’s Place, Anchorage
- Sports team New Orleans Saints
- Place to travel/vacation Hawaiian Archipelago; Maui’s Hana Highway